Mixed salad with dried fruits and strawberries
~ 3 portions
- 25 gr. Spinach baby leaves
- 25 gr. Beetroot baby leaves
- 35 gr. Arugula baby leaves
- 25 gr. Valeriana leaves
- 50 gr. Lolo rosso hand- chopped
- 50 gr. Lolo Verde hand-chopped
- 20 gr. Radicchio hand-chopped
- 40 gr. Dried Figs cut in pieces
- 40 gr. Dried Prunes cut in pieces
- 3 Strawberries in slices
- 20 gr. Pistachio
- 5 gr. Sunflower seeds
- 5 gr. Flax seeds
- 50 gr. Manouri cheese broken in pieces
- 10 ml. honey-balsamic vinegar syrup for garnish
- 100 ml. balsamic vinaigrette
- 60 ml orange juice
- 20 ml black balsamic vinegar
- 20 gr mild mustard
- 6-7 peppermint leaves
- 2 gr salt
- A pinch of ground pepper
- One ice cube
- 160 ml extra virgin olive oil
Put all the ingredients from 1 to 7 in a blender (I use thermomix) and mix for 1 minute in high speed. Then reduce the speed and slowly (but continuously) add the olive oil. Store it in closed container for up to 4 days.
-At first make your vinaigrette and set aside.
-After you cut, wash, and dry your leafy vegetables, mix them in bowl with the dried figs and prunes, and the pistachios, sunflower seeds, and flax seeds.
-Dress with the vinaigrette and serve in your plates or plater if it’s for share.
-Garnish on top with the pieces of Manouri cheese and the sliced strawberries.
-For a finishing touch spread some of the honey-balsamic vinegar syrup to give a nice look and an extra punch of flavor